WALLY'S WHATCHAMABLOG

Wally's comments on life, on music, on pianos, on church, on the Bible, on Palm Beach County, politics, and whatever else pops into his head.

Friday, June 03, 2005

Strange Piano

I was called in to check out a couple of pianos at a retirement home recently. One was a nice Yamaha GH1 with a player system. It was TERRIBLY out of tune.

The second one was a "Knight" console piano (I had never heard of that brand.). The piano was in great tune, but as I played I noticed something very STRANGE. I looked down and noticed that the pedals were installed UPSIDE DOWN! Never had I seen such a thing, or even imagined it. Later as I considered why this would be, I reasoned that possibly someone short was playing it and his feet would not reach the pedals. Upside down, they were about 6 inches higher.

Piano tuners often have strange tales to tell!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home